Music I Hate
I agree with Andrea about every song/artist she listed here. When I was in chorus in elementary school, we had to sing "You Light Up My Life" as well as many Barry Manilow songs. I think this left permanent scars on my psyche.
At work today, we were discussing this Worst Song List and we talked about songs we hated. I pretty much agree with the top ten. I always hated "We Built This City"...that song stinks on ice!
Now, I've talked about bad lyrics a long time ago, but now I'm just going to list songs or bands I really hate. If you like any of these bands or songs, please don't get all mad at me...after all, I may like something that you think is crappy.
Okay, the following are songs/artists I hate quite a lot in no particular order:
- The Four Seasons -- that band from the sixties with the guy with the whiny voice who sings, "Walk Like a Man". As if...
- Journey -- good Lord, how I hated this band in my teens. It seemed everybody loved them except me. Bleh!
- Chicago or anything with Peter Cetera on vocals.
- Anything sung by over emoting "divas" like Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston or Celine Dion...which brings me to...
- That awful Titanic song. I've never seen that movie and don't want to. The song is part of the reason.
- Bon Jovi -- Blech! Ptooi!
- "Tubthumping" by Chumbawamba
- Alanis Morrisette -- Michele has posted a song by Self (which is a good band) that makes vicious fun of her. (Be warned, the lyrics get pretty nasty, but they're no worse than those by the "artist" they're ridiculing.)
- "Warrior" by Scandal, for having the cheesiest, most nonsensical line I think I've ever heard in any song: "follow me stereo jungle child". **shudder**
- Hair metal band music in general.
- And finally, boy bands and Britney Spears type crap are a given.
If I come up with anything else I think is noteworthy in its suckiness, I'll add an update or two.
Update: Just thought of another one: Air Supply.
Update 2: Okay, I'm probably going to really offend some folks, now. Here are some artists I hate that I think are very overrated: Bruce
StinkSpringsteen, Pearl Jam, Creed (the poor man's Pearl Jam) and Janis Joplin. Also, being from the South and having to hear this song ad nauseum, I have a very special loathing for "Freebird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd.