Better Site Performance (I Hope)
Last night, I completely deleted MT-Blacklist, including its tables in my database which were taking up a very significant amount of space. I kept MT-Blacklist around because it was so easy to blacklist a URL or keyword with just a few clicks. But then those few clicks started taking forever. SpamLookup, which comes with MT, should be sufficient. If I end up needing to block a certain keyword, I can add it to the keyword filter. I close comments and trackbacks on posts after about two or three weeks anyway, so I never get overwhelmed by spam. Most of the time it ends up in the junk folders anyway.
The site seems to be running faster now, so I'm hoping this problem is fixed.